Craft, organizational skills, charisma, creativity… The ten different departments of Turku City Theatre employ many kinds of professionals. This site lists available vacancies at the theatre. Open applications can be sent to the head of each department.
Turku City Theatre is currently looking for a light/sound technician. The position is permanent, starting from 1.8.2022.
Assignments will include:
- Taking care of stage lights and electroacoustic sound system in co-operation with the chief lighting technician and chief sound technician
- In charge of operating lighting and sound during stage practice and performances.
- Performing technical set-up and dismantling of practice and performances with your department
- Maintenance- and repair of lighting and sound equipment
- Other duties assigned by management
An applicable degree or sufficient work experience in the theatre sector is required, along with good communicational skills. Work hours will in part take place at night and on weekends.
Working hours are in the form of Tekninen näytäntötyö (Technical performance work) (38,25 h/week). The salary is formed according to the Finnish Theatre collective agreement (Teatterialan työehtosopimus, TeaTES).
Applications are handled confidentially. For more information, please contact the Head of the Lighting and Sound Department, Mika Randell, phone number 044 907 2108.
Applications and salary requests should be handed in by 6.5.2022 via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org